Driving Business For Sustainability
Origin Property Public Company Limited operated its business in accordance with the sustainable development guidelines of the Stock Exchange of Thailand, whether in the environmental, social or corporate governance dimensions in order to develop and deliver quality products with good services that meet the needs of customers as well as developing the organization for sustainable growth under the corporate governance code with responsibility to society and all stakeholders
Environmental Policies and Practice Guidelines
The Company established policies and practice guidelines for energy conservation and environmental protection as part of its business operations starting from the land acquisition process, project design process, procurement process, to the construction and project development process. This also included the management process of the juristic projects that the Company provided management services in order to ensure that all processes and resources were properly and effectively managed without causing any impact on the environment.
Guidelines for Natural Resource, Energy, Waste and Environment Management
- Manage resources and energy while preserving the climate and the environment in every process of business operation in order to strictly comply with the applicable laws and other related requirements.
- Set objectives and goals to properly manage the utilization of resources, energy, waste, the climate and the environment by focusing on costeffective resources to reduce the impact on the environment.
- Require executives and employees at all levels to manage resources, energy, utilities, and the environment and also comply with the stipulated measures.
- Raise the awareness of energy, utilities and environmental management by communicating and creating an understanding among employees and stakeholders to be able to properly protect the environment.
- Provide necessary support and allocate personnel, budget, time, and training, and also support employee engagement by applying useful recommendations from employees to improve the management of energy resources, utilities, and care for the climate and the environment.
- Commit to develop knowledge in regards to the environment, as well as energy and natural resource conservation in order to create innovations that are beneficial to the Company’s business operations.
Ecosystem and Biodiversity Management Practice Guidelines
- Set management guidelines for ecosystems and biodiversity in accordance with the laws, regulations. The intention is to be responsible to society, the community and the environment.
- Appropriately assess the environmental impact and report any risk related to ecosystems and biodiversity before, during, and after the project development, as required by law.
- Survey and study the ecology to care for the conservation of plants and animals in the ecosystem around the construction site, as well as implement mitigation hierarchy measures to support avoidance, reduction, rehabilitation, and compensation when the Company operates its business in biodiverse areas.
- Select construction materials or equipment that comes from a legitimate manufacturing source that does not have issues in biodiversity conservation. Select construction materials that reduce the generation of greenhouse gases.
- Establish measures to manage the environment, biodiversity, and ecosystems in order to reduce the negative impact on the environment in every process of business development.
- Encourage employees and stakeholders to be aware of the ecological impact and biodiversity impact from the business operations and foster employees’ awareness to participate in sharing responsibility to the extent of their abilities.
- Disclose and communicate measures regarding the ecosystem and biodiversity management to stakeholders. Clearly communicate the whistleblowing and complaint channels to the community and society when noticing that the operations may destroy the ecosystems and biodiversity.
Social Development Guidelines
- Aim to conduct business with ethics and be responsible to society, the community and the environment.
- Support community engagement and strengthen communities and society to have a good quality of life.
- Promote activities that are in line with the Company’s business operations in order to create benefits to society, communities and the environment in the long run.
- Support the conservation and environmental quality restoration in order to create a natural balance.
Electricity is a vital resource in the Company’s business processes. In order to reduce energy consumption within the organization and lead the organization into sustainable development, the Company designed buildings and projects in accordance with the environment by using natural light and wind in the common area of the project and using renewable energy materials to save electricity consumption. The Company set a goal to reduce energy consumption by 5% within 2022 when compared to 2020. This goal covers the headquarters of Origin Property Company Limited, the offices of Primo Service Solution Company, and the 21 sales offices that were open in 2020. They are as follows:
The Company effectively managed energy consumption, whether the lighting systems or the air conditioning systems by installing and maintaining the electrical control system. In 2020, the Company used a total of 2,033,595.40 kWh of electricity.
|Origin Property Company Limited
|Office of Primo Service Solution
|21 Sales Offices||1,817,970.88||89.40|
|Total Energy Consumption||2,033,595.40||100|
The Company placed great emphasis on quality, safety and the environmental products by selecting environmentally friendly materials. This was one of the approaches that the Company used to improve the organization’s energy consumption. In 2020, the Company purchased eco-friendly products for energy saving to be used in projects. This included energy-efficient air conditioners with inverter systems and high-efficient refrigerants that do not destroy the ozone but reduce the greenhouse effect for a total of 9,032 units.
The Company managed water consumption by taking into account the utilization and the impact on the community. The Company effectively reduced water consumption by installing water-saving sanitary ware and installed devices to automatically control the utilization of water for sanitary wares within the project. This included Dual Flush toilets that use less than 6 liters of water consumption per each flush. This saves up to 50% of water consumption in each use. In addition, sub-water meters were installed to manage and check for water leaks in the main area and the areas surrounding the building. A large water retaining pond was built around the building to hold rainfall before releasing into the public drainage systems.
The Company regularly maintained and checked the condition of the water distribution system in the production process to meet the required standards. The wastewater was also managed efficiently. The Company set a water management goal by reducing water consumption per square meter by 5% by 2022. This goal covered the headquarters of Origin Property Public Company, the offices of Primo Service Solution Company Limited, and 21 sales offices that were open in 2020. Therefore, the Company’s total water consumption was 47,629 cubic meters.
In addition, in all construction projects and residential projects, the Company assigned contractors and juristic persons to set up wastewater management systems as required by law. The quality of the wastewater discharged from the construction project must be tested to meet the wastewater standards. Wastewater must be treated before being released into the public water sources by installing a grease trap at the washing station and building a drainage system to release wastewater into public pipes. As a result, the treated wastewater can be reused within the project by watering trees, cleaning the road surface, and cleaning purposes. This increases the efficiency of water consumption and reduces the discharged wastewater from the project into the public drainage system.
Garbage, Waste and Pollution Management
The Company’s business operations generated waste and solid waste from various processes The Company set a goal to reduce the amount of waste and solid waste by 5% within 2022. The Company supports the circular living approach to reduce the wasteful use of resources, reduce the occurrence of waste, support plastic waste management, and recycle or reuse materials efficiently and sustainably. For example, using PVC decorative flooring materials that are similar to natural material but durable and help reduce resource consumption. This can be recycled and efficiently-reused which is different from natural materials that destroy natural resources and the environment.
The Company has a systematic waste management in the business process using the 3R principle (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle), an efficient waste sorting system, as well as creating awareness among stakeholders. This started with sorting waste in the buildings and a campaign to reduce plastic water bottles at the headquarters. By sorting waste, certain types of waste can be reused in a different way in order to reduce landfill waste. The Company assessed the environmental quality in the offices and around the establishment at least once a year. The results show that the quality of air, smells, and noise were normal and in accordance with the specified laws. There were no cases of chemical leaks from business operations.
Besides this, the Company set guidelines for waste sorting and reducing the solid waste in buildings, such as reducing the use of plastic water bottles in the headquarters and campaigning for waste sorting by sorting glass bottles and plastic bottles inside the residential projects, recycling plastic and paper waste, donating plastic straws to make pillows for patients, and providing knowledge on food waste digestion in households in order to make soil tonic, etc.
Waste Management in Construction Projects
The Company required contractors to prepare large trash cans with tight lids near the construction control office and workers’ housing. There are two types of waste from construction sites: waste generated from construction and waste generated by workers. The Company set a goal to reduce the amount of waste that must be disposed of by recycling some of the waste such as metal scrap wood chips. Contractors are responsible for moving recyclable waste out of the construction site after the construction is complete. However, contractors must supervise workers so they dispose of solid waste in the provided trash cans only. The security department randomly checked the implementation of the Company’s measures regularly. The Company continually monitored the performance of contractors.
Waste Management in Residential Projects
The Company foresaw the impact of the waste problem that occurred. Therefore, a prototype project in waste management was arranged, starting with waste sorting at headquarters by accepting recyclable waste such as plastic water bottle caps, calendars, and straws. This became a Company project. The Company promoted waste sorting at residential projects in order to create awareness for employees and residents about waste sorting.
Greenhouse Gas Management
The Company paid attention to Greenhouse Gas Management and found that the business activities with the highest amount of greenhouse gas emissions (GHC) were electricity used in air conditioners and fuel used in vehicles. The Company set the scope to use greenhouse gas energy source as follows:
- Scope 1. Direct GHG emissions are calculated from mobile fuel combustion in petrol and diesel vehicles that are owned by the Company. There was a total of 6 vehicles.
- Scope 2. Indirect GHG emissions are emissions from the purchase of electricity that are used within the Company. This is calculated from the electricity consumption in headquarters of Origin Property Company Limited, the offices of Primo Service Solution Company Limited, and 21 sales offices that were opened in 2020.
- Scope 3. Other Indirect GHG emissions results from public water supply consumption and 1,070,867 sheets of A4 paper used at Origin Property Public Company headquarters throughout 2020.
In 2020, the Company emitted direct GHG at 94 tons (or kilograms), a 8.10% carbon dioxide equivalent and 1,067 tons (or kilograms) of indirect GHG emissions, a 91.90% carbon dioxide equivalent. This equaled a total of 1,161 tons (or kilograms) of carbon dioxide per year and was inspected by the Bureau Veritas Certification (Thailand) Company Limited.
Other Indirect GHG
|Total Greenhouse Gas Emissions = 1,161 Tons of Carbon Dioxide|
Environmental Protection Management in Construction
The Company complied with the criteria of the policy set by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment. The Company established a policy to hire knowledgeable and capable companies with design skills for architectural design, landscape architecture, structural engineering, and building systems engineering in order to make the projects meet the environmental standards criteria set by the Office of Natural Resources and Environmental Policy and Planning. The measures, policy and planning are divided into two significant aspects.
- SAFETY PLAN - The Company is aware of operational safety in every stage of project development. Therefore, a safety plan for project development was created from site preparation before construction, during construction, and after construction is completed. The details are in the project’s environmental impact analysis report and the contract between the Company and every contractor in regards to safety measures, the construction site, adjacent areas, tools and personal protective equipment for construction workers, or third parties permitted to enter the area. In addition, all projects are required to have an emergency or accident protection plan to prepare all parties involved.
- Environmental management - The Company sets environmental measures to avoid environmental impacts in the project area and the surrounding area such as measures on water, dust and trees. The Company designed projects that have large trees as part of the project and invited arborist experts to inspect, recommend decoration methods, and care for the trees instead of cutting them down. The inspection results were discussed at weekly site meetings to find solutions, and control and prevent environmental problems in accordance with the environmental governance as required by the EIA or beyond the requirements.
Environmental Complaints from Business Operations
The Company operates its business with responsibility towards the community and society by reducing the environmental impact and avoiding any activities that may adversely affect the quality of life of the communities around the establishment. The Company set up communication channels and departments to receive social and environmental complaints in order to facilitate convenience for complainants. The Company also set up a department to investigate and handle complaints as well as communicating complaint management to the complainant or relevant person through the complaint channels.
- Call Center : 020 300 000
- Website : www.origin.co.th
- Facebook : Origin Property