Fair Operating Practices
The company places an emphasis on fair operating practices and shared their benefits properly and correctly with all relevant parties. The company respects the human rights of their office personnel, develops employees’ knowledge and skills, and gives opportunities to qualified, knowledgeable and experienced individuals to work within the company.
The company gives importance to preventing corruption and adheres to morality and ethics. The company operates with transparency and is responsible to all their stakeholders. The company has established a preventive measures policy against corruption as a practical guideline for committees, executives and staff to adhere to as follows:
The company operates its business morally and ethically, taking into account the stakeholders, economy, society, and the environment, as well as good corporate governance principles in order to ensure the integrity, transparency, and equitability of the business to sustain business, stakeholders, economy, society and environment. The company’s corporate social responsibility policies are as follows:
- Committees, executives and employees must refrain from any act that supports corruption and strictly practices the preventive measures against corruption.
- Committees, executives and employees have the duty to follow the principles of good governance and preventive measures against corruption. Executives, assigned by the board members, communicate and execute the anti-corruption policy.
- Establish a culture of integrity within the organization and adhere to ethical standards.
- Provide training for the company’s employees and encourages employees to be faithful to their duties and be ready to follow the principles of good governance strictly.
- Set up a human relations work process that reflects the company’s commitment to carry out the preventive measures against corruption beginning with the selection of employees, staff training, performance evaluation, compensation and promotion.
- Set up internal auditing to ensure the achievement of the company’s governance goals, to monitor the work of all departments in compliance with regulations, to find weaknesses, and to give recommendations to effectively improve corporate operation systems in order to comply with the principles of good governance.
- Co-operate with the government in requiring all the agencies which are a party to the contract with the government to disclosure the form of receipts-payments to the Office of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NCC).
Respect for Human Rights
The company operates its business with respect for human rights by promoting and protecting liberty and rights, as well as treating each other equally. These are the foundation of the management and human resource developments. The guidelines are as follows:
- The company supports and respects the protection of human rights by ensuring its business is not involved in human rights abuses, such as not supporting forced labor, opposing child labor and so on.
- The company respects the rights of its employees to express their opinions. This includes the freedom to give opinions without interference, getting information or opinions through the media, as well as providing communication channels to listen to the opinions of stakeholders freely.
Fair Treatment to Workers
The company focuses on the development of human resources management systems to be effective continually, beginning with recruitment, staff development, defining remuneration fairly, providing welfare properly, promoting and encouraging employees to advance their careers, as well as strengthening the working atmosphere to create happy employees both physically and mentally. This leads to an efficient workplace and maximizes effectiveness. The policies of personnel administration are as follows:
- To select knowledgeable and capable staff within the company to fill openings within the company rather than recruiting from outside. If they are employees from outside the company, focus on recruiting and selecting those who have knowledge, ability and positive attitudes and are compatible with the organization as is necessary for the company and in order to work effectively so as to maximize human resources.
- To promote the advancement of employees by clearly defining the direction of employee development and ensuring that employees at all levels are systematically developed under such direction in order to function effectively in their current roles and be ready to be take responsibility for more difficult work in the future.
- To manage wages, salaries and benefits to be fair and equal with other leading companies, always update salaries and benefits to suit current conditions and apply the merit system in raising salaries and title promotion based on knowledge, abilities, performances and the potential of each employee.
- To promote teamwork, allowing employees to cooperate and work together like a family. This is the key organizational culture of the company that has helped the company grow quickly in the past.
The company has the following guidelines:
The company has clearly defined qualifications for employees by nature of the job and the company does not differentiate based on race, color, gender, religion, nationality, individual backgrounds, political opinion, age or disability in consideration and decisions for employment. The company selects only those who are qualified according to the process of selection as defined. In addition, if there are vacancies or new positions available, the company’s policy is to recruit suitable staff from within the company before selecting external personnel. When the right person is not available from within, then the company will look to hire people outside the company by recruiting and selecting those who have knowledge, ability and a positive attitude, compatible with the organization to work with the company as is necessary for the company and in order to work effectively so as to maximize human resources.
- Training of Personnel
The company recognizes the importance of employee development at all levels, with a policy to develop skills and continually enhance the capacity and ability of employees. The company does this by providing training to the employees and welfare funding scholarships to its employees by providing opportunities thoroughly and regularly. The company has continually developed and trained the employees from inside and outside the company. For example, giving knowledge to employees in order to enhance their work potential and have knowledge in other areas such as law or welfare or sending employees to be trained by other agencies outside the company in order to enhance the performance of their duties by applying the knowledge acquired for their work and to improve their performance, as well as stimulating and strengthening cooperation in teamwork and maintaining relationships between colleagues and between workers and supervisors.The company is committed to developing and promoting knowledge to employees, as well as creating a happy workplace with various events throughout the year to give the employees relief from stress and promote the building of good relations between employees in order to improve their performance and reduce problems of communication between sections in the organization. The details of these activities are as follows:
- ORIGIN United Day
This event is held every quarter in order to communicate information and introduce new management and employees, as well as policies to the employees. In this event, external experts are invited to educate employees and employees from all levels of the organization come together in order to get to know one another and exchange knowledge and ideas with one another.
- Quarterly Party
The company encourages superiors to take the employees that work under them on joint activities in the department in order to relieve stress from work and allowing old and new employees to meet each other and do activities together. This helps new employees adapt quickly to the organization.
- ORIGIN ONE Day Trip
The company takes employees to different tourist attractions not far from Bangkok, depending on the season. Trips to convenient places take just 1 day. Those who are interested in joining must sign up in advance. In 2015, the company took employees to Rayong one time for different activities.
- ORIGIN Outing Trip
The activity includes team building activities for employees in order to create unity within the organization and leisure outside the company.
- ORIGIN Half Year Party
This activity is held to thank employees who worked hard throughout the first half of the year and includes a declaration of goals for the second half of the year for all employees to acknowledge.
- Small Group Activities
The company encourages small group activities by gathering 5-10 employees from each department, in order to solve problems at work, improve and develop work processes to be more efficient which results in continuous improvement and sustainable development.
- Provide Training for Employees
The company focuses on providing knowledge and skills at work, including management skills for staff at all levels. The company provides internal experts to share knowledge and experience. In addition, the company invites experts outside the organization to educate, and send the employees to be trained at various organizations, including the preparation of curriculum together with external institutions to fit the organization’s employees at all levels. For example:
- Participate in seminars and conferences to keep pace with the current world situation.
- Provide language training courses for the sales staff, including English, Chinese and Japanese.
- In collaboration with Dusit Thani College, prepare training courses in both theory and practice for employees of housekeeping services with standards by lecturers who have knowledge and experience and specialize in particular services.
- Develop the skills and personality of sales staff and staff from corporate management who have to meet clients, such as make-up courses and personality development.
- Provide short-term and long-term training courses organized by educational institutions such as HROD organized by Faculty of Human Resource Development of National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA), and so on.
- Orientation Activity (ORIGIN School)
The company has designed and prepared an orientation course for the company's new employees which is a 3-day program for approximately 20-40 people/group so that new employees understand the real estate business, get to know the company and the company’s processes to enhance efficiency in coordination and delivering work systematically and to ensure that new employees are ready to adapt to the corporate culture and background of the organization.
- ORIGIN United Day
- Compensation for Work
The company provides fair employment conditions for its employees and the employees receive reasonable compensation according to their potential, position and responsibility. The company also has a policy to increase compensation on the basis of the company, set fairly and giving opportunities and rewards that are fair to employees. This is consistent with the results of operations of the company in both the short and long term. In addition to salary which the employees receive on a monthly basis, at the beginning of the year, the company sets clear targets of work together with employees with KPI for calculating annual extra pay (bonuses) and provides other benefits for the employees and activities for employees, such as a New Year’s party and a special lottery to award employees, and a mid-year party that gives awards to the employees and builds strong relationships within the organization, etc.
The Following are Benefits and Policies for the Compensation of Employees:
- Provident Funds
This fund is aimed to allow savings and create security for employees and their families. The employees will get tax benefits. Contributions from employees depend on their willingness and length of service of the employees. The rate of employee contributions and company contribution are between 3% - 7%, depending on how long the employee has worked.
- Social Security Fund
This is for cases of sickness and accidents not resulting from business. Its source is from contributions from employees, the company, and the government.
- Compensation Fund
This is for cases of sickness and accidents resulting from work. Its source is from contributions of the company only.
- Visit Gift
This is for sicknesses requiring admission to the hospital or if an employee or their wife delivers a child.
The company has grants to support staffs on such occasions as marriage, disaster, support for wreath to honor the dead, pay for funeral host, and funeral subsidies. This covers the employee’s parents, spouse and children, etc.
The company considers that its superiors of all levels have a major responsibility in governing the employees who work under them to have good morale and courage, developing the employee’s knowledge and ability to work effectively, as well as conducting themselves as role models to the employees that work under them.
The company’s employees are essential to the company’s past success and future success as well. The company thinks that employees are a valuable resource of the organization. Therefore, the company is committed to systematically maintaining and developing the employees in order to add value to the employees, building morale and courage in the workplace, aiming to improve welfare so that it is up-to-date, and adding new benefits to meet and suit the ages of employees. In 2015, as the company began to enter the Stock Exchange, the company prepared the Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP) for employees, which have been an important cog in the company’s rapid growth. This motivated and rewarded the performance of directors, management and employees, especially employees with outstanding performances that are difficult to replace in order for the company to achieve business goals and maximize the benefit of the company and its shareholders.
- Provident Funds
- Health and Safety at Work
The company provided an appropriate work system focusing on safety and health in the workplace. This included such things as setting a policy on safety standards in the area of construction projects, requiring employees to wear a helmet at all times when they are at the construction site in order to prevent accidents that may occur during work, providing a clean workplace to keep away dangers that may occur, such as fire, illness, etc. The company provides healthcare benefits for the benefit of employees. The details are as follows:
- Medical Treatment Benefits
Employees who pass probation will get group health insurance from the insurance company that the company defines and can be admitted to defined hospitals with medical limits varying by the level of the employee which includes dental benefits that are not included in group insurance plans.
- Health Benefits
To keep the employees healthy and ready to work, the company has provided an annual check-up one time each year to be held around the end of January and early February. The check-up is provided according to the plans and are classified by age, responsibilities, health risks and level of staff.
- Medical Treatment Benefits
Responsibilities to Consumers
The company promotes free commercial competition, avoids actions that could pose conflicts of interest and violations of intellectual property rights, and goes against all forms of corruption, including the promotion of social responsibility in all phases of business operations and services.
The company recognizes the importance of consumer rights, namely the company produces quality dwellings and after-purchase services meeting the needs of consumers to maximize their satisfaction and is also committed to research and development to create innovative condominium projects with unique designs, including the best function unit plan design.
The company focuses on risk analysis and environmental impact and safety in all of its business processes, including using resources efficiently and energy saving according to universal principles.
For the company’s real estate development projects, the company selects efficient materials meeting standards, friendly to nature and the environment. For example,
- Use of energy-efficient materials in buildings, such as inverter air-conditioners, LED light bulbs, energy-efficient water heaters, etc., which can reduce power consumption in a condominium building in the long term.
- Installation of solar panels and wind turbines to generate power on the top floor of Tropicana Erawan Project to generate electricity for use in public areas of the building.
The company promotes the use of business processes in order to improve the quality of life, help build the economy and strengthen the community, neighbors and Thai society. The company aims to enhance, promote and assist reaching out to people in society through company activities. The company focused on helping society by reaching out to people and people with disabilities, donated money or goods to the society on education, and provided opportunities for staff, customers and suppliers of the company to be involved with activities such as joining with local authorities to help people in the community, taking employees who have birthday falling in a certain quarter to provide meals and make donations to the disabled or handicapped people, homes for babies, foundations, etc. Each time, the company’s senior executives joined the activity by giving donations to fund education for disadvantaged students and contributed funds for construction materials that went to schools and health centers, and so on.
And in 2015, the Company had CSR activities to support the quality of life and society, as detailed below.
- Banquets and Donations for the Underprivileged
The management and employees of the company jointly made merit through the project of employee’s birthday charity in each quarter. The company worked with various shelters to provide activities and meals for the disadvantaged, disabled, orphans and nursing homes such as Nonthaphum House, foster homes for the disabled and handicapped, etc.
- Subsidies to Support Education and Improve Schools and Infirmaries
The company promoted the education sector and local infirmary shortages by granting subsidies and donating construction materials, including sanitary wares, valued over 60,000 Baht to Wat Medarang School to improve the school, and gave flooring materials valued at 96,445 Baht to improve Nong Kwai Sub-district Health Promoting Hospital.
- Scholarship to Students
The company granted scholarships to a school in the community by providing a scholarship in the amount of 20,000 Baht to Dan Samrong School.
- Bike for Mom
The Company, together with its employees and customers, participated in an activity called Bike for Mom in Samut Prakan Province.
- Subsidies for Disadvantaged Students
The company gave funds totaling 300,000 Baht in an Origin Family activity to contribute to the educational fund of Thairath Foundation to support child education in Bangkok and other provinces in over 100 projects.
- Reforestation Project in Honor of Her Royal Highness
The company and employee representatives joined a reforestation activity of Reforestation Project in Honor of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn together with various agencies from educational, public and private sectors. This was organized by Luk Phra Dabos Project of Samut Prakan, a royal-initiated project.